Report highlights contributions of genomics to advances in public health and overall health of our planet
SAN DIEGO, April 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN), a global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, today released its annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, highlighting the company's 2021 environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program and commitment to human health. The report details Illumina's role as a champion for patients, communities, people, and the planet.
"Over the last year, we saw countless examples of resilience, perseverance, and progress as we continue to respond to the pandemic, push for greater access to and equity in genomics, and protect our planet," said Francis de Souza, Chief Executive Officer. "Through our advanced technology, we empower researchers and clinicians to find solutions for the world's most pressing challenges. As we look forward, we are focused on continuing to positively impact the world by unlocking the power of the genome to shape a more sustainable, more equitable, and healthier future for all."
Illumina's ESG efforts outlined in the Report include the following focus areas:
- Expanding access to genomics
- Empowering our communities
- Integrating environmental sustainability
- Nurturing our people
- Operating responsibly and enabling innovation for good
In 2021, the company took significant steps to advance each of these areas, including:
- Achieved 1 billion covered lives for genomic testing around the world
- Contributed more than $14.5 million in total global donations to more than 1,300 causes
- Sourced 59% of global electricity consumption from renewable sources
- Reduced scope 1 and 2 emissions from direct operations by 24%
- Committed to net zero emissions throughout entire value chain by 2050
- Maintained a zero net pay gap
- Increased female representation in executive leadership by 5% in the last 3 years
- Reached 50% minority representation in the US workforce
- Engaged over 4,000 employees in employee resource group (ERG) programming.
Read the full report on Illumina's CSR website.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as a global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments. To learn more, visit www.illumina.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/illumina-releases-annual-corporate-social-responsibility-report-301520079.html
SOURCE Illumina, Inc.