On March 30, 2021, Illumina made available a standard contract to any U.S. oncology customer.
At a high level, the terms of the standard contract include the following:
- A 12-year supply contract for Illumina’s sequencing products sold in the United States, specifically, Illumina’s NextSeq and NovaSeq instruments and sequencing consumables.
- Guaranteed access to the latest sequencing products, and related product and support services.
- No price increases for the sequencing products covered by the agreement.
- Guaranteed lower pricing for the sequencing products by 2025: the cost per gigabase of sequencing on Illumina’s highest throughput instrument, using the highest throughput flow cell, will be at least 43% lower than the comparable cost per gigabase today, under Illumina’s standard terms.
- Illumina will not discontinue any of the sequencing products supplied under the agreement as long as an oncology customer continues to purchase that product.
- Provision of any documentation or information reasonably required to seek FDA approval or FDA marketing authorization to sell a clinical test using the sequencing products supplied under the agreement.
- Any oncology customer can also enter into a separate agreement to develop a distributable in vitro diagnostic kitted test using Illumina’s FDA-approved instruments.
Additional terms and conditions apply. The standard contract may be viewed here.